Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fail Trade - ROLL




I lost money in ROLL today. So it is a good to write something.

I didn's short at the opening, as normally I will do, but I short at about 10:15 at the price $37.25. At time time, for 1 minute chart, EMA 5 is already cross up the EMA 34. But in 15 min chart, the price just touch the EMA 5

The entry point is not good, so don't do anything when EMA 5 cross up EMA 34 in 1 min chart because the story might be different now.

If I go into it, the first choice and the best choice is stop out at $39.

Never never buy reverse at this time, since we don't know where is the top and don't forget this stock gap down!!!

OK, second choice, short more when EMA 5 cross down EMA 34. And cover back when is good time. Today is at the market close. Have to close today because 1) I double the position, so it is dangerous. 2) This stock is volatile and not commonplace with others. So I do not know what is happening tomorrow morning. (Normally, gap down stock with down extension will get gap down next day, but here is not the case)

Last choice, do nothing, and cover back tomorrow morning.

No comments: