Saturday, March 17, 2007

How I find the gap information?

How I find the gap every day?

Actually, I have several methods to use.

1) Use my Interactive Brokers's Trade Station's screen feature.
2) Use Nasdaq.com premarket most active. It is real time information before 9:30 am, but it can only show stocks trading on NASDAQ, no NYSE stocks.
3) Use Yahoo Finance's most active just after 9:30. There is no active information before 9:30. The information provided by Yahoo Finance is what I called pseudo-real-time information. Because the rank is REAL TIME, but the price, volume is 20 minutes ago. So I get the stock ticker, and add it to stock chart software to see the real time price.
4) Tradermiker.net post some gap information from briefing.com.
5) Trader-X's thread on how to find the gap
http://traderx.blogspot.com/2006/09/finding-gaps-091206_12.html

No comments: